FREE Bible Lesson on Prayers of Blessing
April 25, 2012
Posted by on
This Bible lesson on Prayers of Blessing is yours to use free of charge (but please do not sell it).
The following Bible study lesson set up for a class of about 20 adults and teens. If you are leading a group of more or less people make whatever adjustments you need to make.
PRAYERS OF BLESSING
[A Bible Study Lesson by Pastor Mark Haines (c) 2012]
- Divide your class into three study groups.
- Instruct each group to pick a reporter and then to read through the prayers of blessing assigned to that group.
- Ask them to list the benefits that the pray-er sought for the other person(s) in each of the prayers.
- They should also list any common way of structuring the prayers, as well as shared words or phrases.
GROUP ONE — Prayers of Blessing from the Apostles
- Romans 15:13, 33
- Romans 16:20
- 2 Corinthians 13:14
- 2 Thessalonians 3:18
- Revelation 22:21
GROUP TWO — Prayers of Blessing from the Old Testament
- Genesis 27:27-29
- Numbers 6:23-27
- Joshua 22:6
- 1 Kings 8:54-61
- Psalm 67
- Psalm 128:5-6
GROUP THREE — Prayers of Blessing from Other Places in the Bible
- Luke 2:34
- Ephesians 3:20
- 1 Timothy 1:17
- Hebrews 13:20
- 1 Peter 5:10
- When all the groups have completed their assignments have the reporter from each group share their discoveries.
- Allow each person present to compose a prayer of blessing for your congregation based on the biblical prayers.
- Form a circle and give each person a turn to pray his or her blessing.
(If you use this lesson, please let me know the results in the comment section. Thank you very much.)
Was This Post Helpful to You? Consider Subscribing!
Check out all your options for subscribing here! Don’t miss a single post!
You just finished reading FREE Bible Lesson on Prayers of Blessing a post on Q & A with Pastor Mark Haines, © 2012 Mark Haines. Please share it with your friends and family. Just preserve a link to the source. Thank you.